Go Back   Bangladesh.com Discussion Forum > Suggestions > Feedback and Suggestions

Notices

Feedback and Suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17th May 2003, 06:22

A few points to start off with - I did not and do not wish to get actively involved in the discussions being held of late, of a contentious nature - as much as due to the fact i don't want to get into a situation where i have to keep loggin onto BCom to read and reply to posts - also because so many issues are up in the air - that i will probably not be able to give justice to all of them.

Also i havent been watching events unfold "live" so to speak - to know what was said first, by whom etc, and all of what was deleted/edited

But i've been up since 4.30am due to a migrane - and have dealt with that problem by virtue of panadol extra, but this has left me with rumblings in my stomach - so still no sleep... and i thought i'd give it a go in here..

I think the events of recent days can be traced back - at root - to last weekend where to responses made in a thread containing a speec by Ayatollah Khamanei - and there are members on this forum who respect him who would have been upset by the comments.

Then there was a discussion on Muta - which in my view was unnecessary in that the discussion has been held on this forum on several occasions previously - also the reasons why one group considers it to be permitted even today, and another considers it to be not-permitted today can easily be identified, even via a search on the net - and we can formulate a view thereafter... BUT i do not think it is an issue which will impact upon most of us in any case.

Whereas - i can see more value in discussing marriage between Muslim and Non-Muslim, in that i am aware of three such relationships between guys/girls (either way) on this forum, and one actual marriage of this kind in real life... so it is a community issue of relevance. But for those reasons - i think the discussion would have value if dealt with as a general issue - covering both guy and girl and vice versa - in a productive style of discussion.

Next comes the issue of deleting/editing threads. We now have a situation where the same thread content is posted on three forums - maybe it was better to restrict it to one forum in the first place - and if that was the case - i would say the most relevant location, given the subject matter, would be the Religion Forum rather than the Open forum or the Personals Forum - as such, i am not clear why the decision was taken to allow the thread to remain on just those two forums, initially, but to remove it from the Religon forum.

And had it been kept in the Religion forum - perhaps (perhaps not) we would not have the situation we have now, where there are numerous threads on a similar theme.

oh - and as for closed threads - in the spirit of freedom of information - i think i am correct in saying that thread starters and moderators both have the ability to open and close threads.

Old 17th May 2003, 06:36

none of this still solves nur and asb editing/deleting story tho??

Insanity is when we continue to do the same things over and over, expecting diffrent results

bombdiggi2002@hotmail.com
Old 17th May 2003, 08:21

Quote:
Originally posted by shunar-moyna
none of this still solves nur and asb editing/deleting story tho??
No.

But my headaches gone now - i've had some breakfast, so stomach feels better, and i've slept for about 15mins on the sofa and feel less of a zombie.

I can't offer a solution to the problem as it's quite an entangled affair... but everything reaches equilibrium in time.. in the meantime, this forum is getting a lot of hits, i'm guessin.

Oh another thing, I don't think posting on this forum - will necessarily attract the attention of the Admin. They seem to respond more readily to emails (if that)

Old 17th May 2003, 17:51

Salam Star

I have to admit, I have grown to respect your balanced opinion in these matters. Islamically I am sure we find time to disagree on minor issues, but this issue is a bit more fundamental.

I whole-heartedly agree with your considered post. I also agree that perhaps Nur could be more sensitive, but will assert that he does not HAVE to.

Both parties have been offensive to the other - this is nothing new in reality - I have taken more insults from my muslim bretheren than from anyone else and I guess that I, too have reacted badly in some instances.

Thiis is old hat.

But the serial deletion by Sonar of posts by Nur, in threads he had an OBVIOUS personal interest, is a step too far for any reasonable person. To then insult us by telling us to 'go post somewhere else', when the Religion forum is the ONLY forum I post in is taking the p!ss. He claims he is protecting me from Yayati, why not delete or edit the offensive post? Why lock it so that Yayati's disgusting words are preserved? Is this not insult upon insult?

He is well aware that Islamic posts are not received well in other forums - in fact his censorship has led to people in these other forums saying 'this aint Islam.com y'know' - TRUE! - why make us post in these forums? So I promise this: should the issue of abuse of power be raised again, I will ensure that I ONLY post in the Open and Personal forum and will consciously PREACH to those who claim to be muslims yet mock Islamic Law.

It's not difficult to become moderator, but to prove your worth and gain credibility is altogether another matter (did Nur edit posts that were offensive to him?) - something which I have no desire to do, but will if I have to, as I value my freedom of opinion.

Once again, thanks for the post - at least we know we do have a Mod who is capable of being balanced and so further actions may not be necessary.

BTW, I'm posting here so it never gets deleted.

Was'salam.

Old 17th May 2003, 21:13

Salaam Hac,

thanx Hac - we do differ occasionally and may continue to do so and may once more end up on two sides of a gentleman's duel some day (inshaAllah i hope not) - but more often than not i can relate to the position you come from when expressing your views - and certainly feel you add value to the Religion forum.

wassalaam
Old 18th May 2003, 01:43

Quote:
Originally posted by hac

But the serial deletion by Sonar of posts by Nur, in threads he had an OBVIOUS personal interest,

Pray do tell of this 'OBVIOUS' personal interest. I await with bated breath.

You and I have not gotten on from day one. So no suprise your sticking up for Nur (what...an e-mail conversation to keep the issue alive). In fact I expected this massive effort to discredit me.

Quite frankly you've forgotten this is a mere internet site I think.

oh yeah, and the fact you've known Nur for 2 years, makes you an independant actor right!?! No 'OBVIOUS' personal ties there. No siree!

Have you never considered that what you consider as controversial, is simply not the case as regards most B.Commer's...............

As has been repeatedly said, this is Bangladesh.Com and notIslamic/Fatwa.Com.

One of the reason's we clash is because we have different expectations of this site.

I expect nothing more than the peaceful exchange of ideas and opinions.
Old 8th June 2003, 14:49

Quote:
Originally posted by Amar-Sonar-Bangla
Quote:
Originally posted by hac

But the serial deletion by Sonar of posts by Nur, in threads he had an OBVIOUS personal interest,

Pray do tell of this 'OBVIOUS' personal interest. I await with bated breath.

You and I have not gotten on from day one. So no suprise your sticking up for Nur (what...an e-mail conversation to keep the issue alive). In fact I expected this massive effort to discredit me.

Quite frankly you've forgotten this is a mere internet site I think.

oh yeah, and the fact you've known Nur for 2 years, makes you an independant actor right!?! No 'OBVIOUS' personal ties there. No siree!

Have you never considered that what you consider as controversial, is simply not the case as regards most B.Commer's...............

As has been repeatedly said, this is Bangladesh.Com and notIslamic/Fatwa.Com.

One of the reason's we clash is because we have different expectations of this site.

I expect nothing more than the peaceful exchange of ideas and opinions.
hmmmm now ASB give a break to Hac Leave him alone now ok tik asea ..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: