Go Back   Bangladesh.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Daily Chat

Notices

Asain girls increasingly westernised

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2001, 12:05

Asian girls increasingly westernised

Is it me or are Asian girls, myself included, becoming increasingly westernised???? In terms of dress, behaviour, attitudes to religion, marriage, etc. Is this a good or bad thing??? Are we simply conforming to the majority and losing what is unique to our culture or simply diversifying to make life easier???
Old 3rd May 2001, 12:12

DEPENDS .. I KIND OF AGRREE WID U BUT U GOTTA B MORE SPECIFIC AND SAY Y U THINK THIS??
Old 3rd May 2001, 19:50

the second you start thinking that your heritage is of a lesserrank you degrade yourself. it matters very little what you wear and eat or what language u speak fluently as long as you hold the highest respect for your root. as long as you take pride in your root. a tree wont survive if it is parted from the root. same thing goes for people. we have a peaceful and progressive culture that is more than few thousand year old. there are very few culture that can be compared with ours. the western culture doesnot even come close. so eventhough dress, food and language is an integral part of our heritage as long as you take pride and respect your past you are good.(in my opinion)
Old 4th May 2001, 17:00

Re: Asian girls increasingly westernised

Quote:
Originally posted by Hallie
Is it me or are Asian girls, myself included, becoming increasingly westernised???? In terms of dress, behaviour, attitudes to religion, marriage, etc. Is this a good or bad thing??? Are we simply conforming to the majority and losing what is unique to our culture or simply diversifying to make life easier???
I think alot of asian girls and boys are becoming westernised. Because they have no other guidance or why of looking at life and then are more likly to be influnced by the western culture.

If it's good or bad, it depends to what extent they are becoming westernised. e.g, if they feel it's ok to have relationships before marriage etc, which is not a good thing. But then with the clothes issue, just wearing sensible english clothes (clothes that actually cover the body), i can't see the harm in that.

Old 12th May 2001, 02:21

Tell you the truth, I think we all have become more westernised. Although I don't want to go back to what parents are like where you from your bari and what zaat you are. I think it's all wrong degrading people because of what status they are in. Good people are hard to find but there are good hearts among the rich and poor.

All these discussions I see about religion and especially the more educated girls when they read sentences from the holy qur'an. They talk like the qur'an degrades women and all that things about women should listen to their husbands and obey them. they think that is wrong but if you were religious ( which i'm drifting away from myself) then surely the qur'an was given to us by Allah, NOT?.

You see a lot of girls talking now and starting to read magazines now and all that Cosmopolitan or Elle magazines. I think the media is the biggest corrupter of people. I mean look at this. Would you say that fresh tomatoes or processd tomatoes are good for you?. Well a recent survey showed that the countries oldest and best loved products by chips eaters tomatoe ketchup sales have declined.

Well what does the government and the product manufacturers do? write a article in the most populer papers, don't know if you read this articles: scientists say that processed tomatoes are much healthier and full of all the goodness and vitamins than fresh tomatoes?????

Another debate in two different papers was that of sun tan lotions: One paper it said scientists say it is harmful another says it's very safe??

There are so many things if you read the papers, for me if i read the papers be it laying aroung the canteen or the trains i just read the comic strips or the funny problem pages!!!.

Any way back to where i started media is having a big impact on people especially the asian girls, also keep watching the indian films why don't you, after all they are the biggest people who are corrupting bengali girls AND boys.

Ask you all a question. How many of you wear your traditional clothes out in the streets? embarrassed to wear them???.....thought so.

I myself am trying to give up the booze and the other bad habits. I didn't start to do things because i wanted to be different it's just the people i was hanging around with you know non asians. one day i hope the men upstairs will forgive me, i've come to realise that being angry with him because of my problems isn't going to solve anything. Iv'e got to clean myself up and ask for forgiveness.

I just like to say this to all my fellow bengali friends, don't try to be better of then the men/girl next to you. Don't be jelous of others. live your life be it rich or poor. You will find that for a fact that people who try to be different or do it better than the person next to them are the ones who are getting corrupted. True...True...

Catch u all later nice to know some of you on this site and good luck for the future.
Moderaters please disconnect my membership from this site thank you very much!!!
Old 12th May 2001, 20:46

Question "LIFE"

may i just ask u the reasons y u think, that havin a relationship b 4 marriage is a bad thing?
Old 13th May 2001, 12:20

reply to iqbal

Tell you the truth, I think we all have become more westernised. Although I don't want to go back to what parents are like where you from your bari and what zaat you are. I think it's all wrong degrading people because of what status they are in. Good people are hard to find but there are good hearts among the rich and poor.

All these discussions I see about religion and especially the more educated girls when they read sentences from the holy qur'an. They talk like the qur'an degrades women and all that things about women should listen to their husbands and obey them. they think that is wrong but if you were religious ( which i'm drifting away from myself) then surely the qur'an was given to us by Allah, NOT?.

This is shame that ppl think like that and donít get into deep into the religion for proper understanding. There is wisdom behind the law of Allah (swt). Its funny that u say Quran degraded women? Does it? The respect and dignity bought to women by islam is ca tbe compared to anything else. Just this food for thought to ppl who think that women should listen too their husband and obey them. Well the basic fundamental of islam for both women and men that we submit ourselves completely to the will of Allah (swt) no one else!

You see a lot of girls talking now and starting to read magazines now and all that Cosmopolitan or Elle magazines. I think the media is the biggest corrupter of people. I mean look at this. Would you say that fresh tomatoes or processd tomatoes are good for you?. Well a recent survey showed that the countries oldest and best loved products by chips eaters tomatoe ketchup sales have declined.

Media play a very effective mod of propaganda. It can control, manipulate pplís mind and brainswash them into thinking something that is their htought when it has actually been imputed to pplís mind.

Well what does the government and the product manufacturers do? write a article in the most populer papers, don't know if you read this articles: scientists say that processed tomatoes are much healthier and full of all the goodness and vitamins than fresh tomatoes?????

Another debate in two different papers was that of sun tan lotions: One paper it said scientists say it is harmful another says it's very safe??

There are so many things if you read the papers, for me if i read the papers be it laying aroung the canteen or the trains i just read the comic strips or the funny problem pages!!!.

Sometime it does contain truth, and we have to be careful on what we choose to believe.

Any way back to where i started media is having a big impact on people especially the Asian girls, also keep watching the Indian films why don't you, after all they are the biggest people who are corrupting Bengali girls AND boys.

Exactly, good to c some thinking mind working. As for Asian boys/girls Indian films play an important role as far as the corruption concern. It carries strong subsidiary message of propagating western idea of feminism as well as corruptions.

Ask you all a question. How many of you wear your traditional clothes out in the streets? embarrassed to wear them???.....thought so.

True! But should not we be more concern with our religion more than tradiotn. After all islam is not just a religon but a complete way of life. I donít c nay problem with wearing untraditional clothes as long as it fulfil the Islamic critiea.

I myself am trying to give up the booze and the other bad habits. I didn't start to do things because i wanted to be different it's just the people i was hanging around with you know non asians. one day i hope the men upstairs will forgive me, i've come to realise that being angry with him because of my problems isn't going to solve anything. Iv'e got to clean myself up and ask for forgiveness.

Yes alhamdullaih! Allah is forgiving the most kind. What r we waiting for! We ought to seek forgiveness for our all bad deed and try hard to avoid sin, and do more good dead. If we truly want to Ďbe goodí then we will be able to . its up to us to sort our life according to the truth. Donot say I should clean myself up instead say I will clean myself up.

Catch u all later nice to know some of you on this site and good luck for the future.
Moderaters please disconnect my membership from this site thank you very much!!!

Is that goodbye or something? why r u leaving? But anyway hope u will start to think more abt islam as complete way of life.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: